Botulinum Toxin (Botox) works by temporarily blocking nerve impulses to muscles, preventing them from moving. It is injected precisely into the skin to smooth out fine lines & wrinkles around the eyes, forehead, nose and frown lines.
The effects of Botulinum Toxin injections gradually take place over the following 14 days, making it an ideal choice for clients seeking a subtle outcome. After 3-4 months, your body naturally clears the Anti-Wrinkle Injections, and muscle contraction returns to normal.
- You can take Antihistamine and Arnica tablets (you can buy both from any pharmacy)1 week prior to your appointment to help reduce bruising and swelling post treatment.
- Avoid drinking alcohol 48 hours before your treatment
- Drink lots of water
Post Treatment Care
- Avoid touching or massaging the area 6 hours post treatment
- Do not lay down for 4-6 hours
- Avoid smoking for 6 hours
- Do not apply make-up to the treated area for 6 hours
- Any post treatment lumps should subside within 2 weeks
- Avoid alcohol for 48 hours post treatment
- No strenuous exercise for 48 hours
- Avoid direct sunlight and heat treatments for 48 hours
- Avoid blood thinning medication and anti-inflammatory medications for the next 7 days
- Avoid any facial procedures for 2 weeks post treatment.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Will I swell or bruise?
A. This differs from client to client. We advise clients to take arnica tablets and antihistamine on the lead up to their appointment if they are concerned. This may help reduce or ease the possibility of bruising and swelling. Taking Zinc may help your treatment last better too.
Q. Will I need a prescription to have Botox?
A. Yes, Botox is a prescription only product. You will complete a medical questionnaire with a prescriber to obtain your prescription.
Q. How long does Botox take to work?
A. Botox takes up to 14 days to fully work.
Q. Will I get a top up with my Botox?
A. Yes, a complimentary top up is carried out at 2-3 weeks post initial injections if required.
Q. How long will my Botox last?
A. Botox lasts typically 3 months.
Q. How much does Botox cost?
A. One site is £150, 2 Sites are £200, 3 Sites are £250