Dermaplaning is a super effective exfoliating treatment which uses a surgical scalpel to gently scrape off any dead skin cells on the surface of your skin along with the peach fuzz (vellus hair) that's on your face leaving you skin super smooth and flawless.
Build up of dead skin and microscopic hairs can make your complexion appear dull, flaky and can even cause breakouts due to clogged pores and hair follicles. Brighten your skin with this fabulous facial.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt & oils
- Removes dead skin cells
- Provides the skin with a healthy glow
- Flawless make up application
- Super smooth skin
- Provides deeper product penetration
- Reduces fine lines & wrinkles
- Instant results
- No downtime
- Reduces acne scarring
HOW IS IT DONE?By using a surgical scalpel at a 45 degree angle to remove unwanted dead skin and hair. Followed by a collagen sheet mask to hydrate and brighten. There is minimal discomfort during a treatment, it feels like a fingernail scratching the skin. The skin will be a little red when finished, similar to a chemical peel. The skin will feel similar to having wind burn but quickly subsides.
WHO PERFORMS THIS?
Sally is the only Aesthetician offering this treatment.
It is available to book now. it takes approximately 60-90 minutes.
Please let your skincare specialist know if you are on any medication (topical and/ or oral, have any medical conditions, or are being treated by a physician for any conditions.
- Let your skincare specialist know if you have been diagnosed with cold sores or Herpes simplex.
- No shaving, laser treatment, peels, waxing, or aggressive exfoliations 7 days prior to Dermaplaning treatments.
- You should wait 14 days after receiving botox or dermal fillers to receive Dermaplaning treatments.
- There is no pain or discomfort during the Dermaplaning procedure. It is best to relax and allow the skincare specialist to move and manipulate your head and face.
- Try to remain still. There is no gum chewing allowed during the treatment and talking will be restricted by your skincare specialist at certain key times during the treatment.
- Cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser - A gentle cleanser will remove any debris or residue left behind on the skin’s surface. Avoid using harsh or abrasive cleansers, which can irritate the skin.
- Apply a hydrating serum or face oil - Dermaplaning can leave your skin feeling a bit dry and sensitive. To combat this, apply a hydrating serum or face oil to help nourish and protect the skin.
- After your treatment, follow a simple skincare routine - For 7 days following your treatment, stick to a simple skincare routine. That means using a gentle cleanser, hydrating serum or face oil, and sunscreen every day. Avoid any other treatments or products that could irritate the skin.
- Use SPF - It’s important to use sunscreen after dermaplaning since your skin will be more sensitive to the sun’s harmful rays. Choose a broad-spectrum SPF 30 or higher and apply it every day, even if you’re just spending time indoors.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated - Drinking plenty of water helps to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out. This is especially important after dermaplaning since your skin will be more prone to dryness.
AVOID AFTER DERMAPLANING
- Don’t use retinol or glycolic acid - You’ll want to avoid using retinol or glycolic acid for at least a week after dermaplaning. These ingredients can cause irritation and dryness, which isn’t ideal for sensitive skin.
- Don’t expose your skin to the sun - It’s important to avoid direct sun exposure after dermaplaning. This can irritate the skin and cause redness and swelling. If you must be in the sun, make sure to wear sunscreen with a high SPF.
- Do not wear any makeup for 24 hours - You’ll want to avoid wearing makeup for at least 24 hours after dermaplaning. This will give your skin time to heal and recover from the treatment.
- Avoid touching your face - Touching your face can introduce bacteria to the skin and cause irritation. So, it’s best to avoid touching your face as much as possible after dermaplaning.
- Avoid chlorine and swimming pools - Chlorinated water can dry out and irritate the skin. So, it’s best to avoid swimming in pools or other bodies of chlorinated water for at least 24 hours after dermaplaning. You can shower normally after your treatment.
- Don’t use hot water on your face - Hot water can strip the natural oils from your skin, leaving it feeling dry and irritated. So, avoid using hot water when cleansing your face or taking a shower. Steam rooms or saunas should also be avoided for at least a day or two after dermaplaning.
- Don’t use harsh or abrasive cleansers - Harsh or abrasive cleansers can irritate the skin and cause redness and swelling. Stick to gentle cleansers after dermaplaning to help keep your skin healthy and happy.
- Don’t use a washcloth or scrub brush on your face - Washcloths and scrub brushes can be too harsh for the skin after dermaplaning. Stick to using your hands when cleansing your face to avoid any irritation.
- Don’t pick or scratch your face - Picking or scratching your face can damage the skin and lead to infection. So, it’s important to resist the urge to pick or scratch at any dryness, redness, or irritation you may experience after dermaplaning.
- Don’t book other facial treatments for two weeks - Other facial treatments, such as chemical peels or microdermabrasion, can irritate the skin after dermaplaning. So, it’s best to wait at least two weeks before booking any other facial treatments.
- Do not engage in any strenuous physical activity - Strenuous physical activity can cause excessive sweating, which can lead to irritation and breakouts. So, it’s best to avoid working out or engaging in any other strenuous activity or exercise for at least 24 hours after dermaplaning.
Dermaplaning within Signature Facial (includes peel) - £80.00